• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC / amp para DT990 pro 250 ohm

AngryPT

This Christmas I received some DT990 for 250 Ohm
I've been researching and many people say they need DAC / Amp
I came here to ask for advice from the DAC / Amp for the DT990 pro
I didn't want to spend a lot of money, but I want a good DAC / Amp to get the most out of these headphones
The headphones will be used for gaming

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What would you be plugging them into without a separate DAC /amp? How do you find them from whatever you currently have?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm sorry but I didn't understand your question

Can/ have you connected them to whatever it is you play games on ? So if you use PC, have you plugged them into your PC directly?

You said "people say they sound best....with a DAC/AMP"- I am asking can you plug them into anything directly if you dont get a DAC/amp? I am sure you can.

OP
A

AngryPT

Can/ have you connected them to whatever it is you play games on ? So if you use PC, have you plugged them into your PC directly?

You said "people say they sound best....with a DAC/AMP"- I am asking can you plug them into anything directly if you dont get a DAC/amp? I am sure you can.
Are connected to motherboard
I don't understand much of the subject, so I went to research
It is recommended to use a DAC / Amp
I wanted the opinion of people who have knowledge about this subject and decided to create this topic

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Are connected to motherboard
I don't understand much of the subject, so I went to research
It is recommended to use a DAC / Amp
I wanted the opinion of people who have knowledge about this subject and decided to create this topic

Depends how good the sound out of your motherboard is then. Do you like them plugged into it? I wouldnt necessarily expect huge improvements over your motherboard . If they go loud enough without audible distortion from the mobo, why would you upgrade?

Crane

Forum Donor
It is a hard headphone to drive regularly, he is asking are they clear enough or is the volume too low from a normal source.

Anyhow there are tons of options regarding DAC/Amps but among the cheapest:
Topping E30/L30
JDS Lab Atom Dac/Amp
Khadas Tone2Pro (untested here)

You can always use the search/filter function of the forum to look for DAC/Headphone Amplifier below, read on what the device offers and chose one:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/Audio_Equipment_Reviews/

OP
A

AngryPT

Depends how good the sound out of your motherboard is then. Do you like them plugged into it? I wouldnt necessarily expect huge improvements over your motherboard . If they go loud enough without audible distortion from the mobo, why would you upgrade?
My motherboard It's Motherboard ATX Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
As in research, I saw many people recommending use a Dac / Amp
And as I don't understand much of the subject
I don't know how much a Dac / Amp will improve the use of headphones
The Dac / Amp will improve the sound of the dt990 pro 250 ohm?

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Your headphones have a sensitivity of 96 dB. This means that with a signal of one milliwatt your headphones will produce sound as loud as 96 dB or about as loud as a jackhammer(?) or lawnmower. You don't want to listen that loud for too long. Your mother board uses an op amp per channel I believe. You may want to save your money and pass on a DAC/amp.

Crane

Forum Donor
My motherboard It's Motherboard ATX Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
As in research, I saw many people recommending use a Dac / Amp
And as I don't understand much of the subject
I don't know how much a Dac / Amp will improve the use of headphones
The Dac / Amp will improve the sound of the dt990 pro 250 ohm?

A DAC just process the digital sound to analog, good built ones ensures the sound is clean without distortion or noise in the background (hardly matters for gaming much). Headphone Amps, increase the signal output, so if the volume is good enough you don't need anything.

for the DAC it is hard to tell without testing the soundcard of the motherboard and the environment
if the sound is too low at max output, is the only reason you should get anything

VMAT4

Forum Donor
Sounds as if you are from Portugal or Brazil. Yes, keep the headphones without the DAC/amp.
Don't gamble more than you're willing to lose. So when you have about $200 to $300 US that you
couldn't care about then you may want to buy a single unit DAC/amp. Just to see if there is a difference

OP
A

AngryPT

A DAC just process the digital sound to analog, good built ones ensures the sound is clean without distortion or noise in the background (hardly matters for gaming much). Headphone Amps, increase the signal output, so if the volume is good enough you don't need anything.

for the DAC it is hard to tell without testing the soundcard of the motherboard and the environment
if the sound is too low at max output, is the only reason you should get anything

Thanks for the clarification
I didn't find the sound with noise, distortion ... as for the volume I found it enough for me
But in the research nothing was explained
Thank you very much for the explanation, after having seen that explanation, I definitely don't need any of this

I apologize for the confusion I was making
And thank you all for your help

VMAT4

Forum Donor
Thanks for the clarification
I didn't find the sound with noise, distortion ... as for the volume I found it enough for me
But in the research nothing was explained
Thank you very much for the explanation, after having seen that explanation, I definitely don't need any of this

I apologize for the confusion I was making
And thank you all for your help

No need to apologize. These forums are here for this.

Top Bottom