• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC+AMP for Wharfedale Diamond 12.1

EpoXi

Hi,

I would happy to have your opinion about matching DAC and amp for my Wharfedale Diamond 12.1.
I'm on quite a low budget, and ordered the Khadas tone board and now in a look for integrated amp.
I have set my eyes on the SMSL A300/da9, and almost made the purchase but then I thought maybe I have made a mistake with the KTB
and should have went for DAC with volume controls and a power amp, maybe even the Aiyima a07 with some upgrades.

Its my first system so I'm kinda lost with crazy amount of info out there.

Thank you :)

esowden

Hi,

I would happy to have your opinion about matching DAC and amp for my Wharfedale Diamond 12.1.
I'm on quite a low budget, and ordered the Khadas tone board and now in a look for integrated amp.
I have set my eyes on the SMSL A300/da9, and almost made the purchase but then I thought maybe I have made a mistake with the KTB
and should have went for DAC with volume controls and a power amp, maybe even the Aiyima a07 with some upgrades.

Its my first system so I'm kinda lost with crazy amount of info out there.

Thank you :)
I think you've put together a great little budget system. I'm not seeing anything that would make me want to go in any other direction. Welcome to the world of audiophilia!

Freezak

What did you choose in the end? I'm looking for some budget integrated dac+amp as well for these wharfedales.

OP
E

EpoXi

What did you choose in the end? I'm looking for some budget integrated dac+amp as well for these wharfedales.
Ended up with the Khadas tone board and SMSL A300. I dont have much to compare them to as this is sort of my first system, but I like them.
I think that if you dont need the coaxial in, getting the Topping D10/D10s is probably better from what I have read.

Hope I have helped.

Top Bottom