• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

nealwclp

I am a bedroom music producer and currently I'm looking for budget Dac Amp Stack or a Dac/Amp Combo . I currently using Motu M2(AI) along with Neumann NDH20 (main) and Beyerdynamic Dt880 pro (250 ohm) headphones and JBL LSR 305 studio monitors. As Motu sounds good I think they still lack power and I don't record instruments too much. I have came up with few options after reading reviews , like Topping E30/L30 or Schiit Magni/Modi stack. For combo, one is Topping dx3 pro and another is Aune Audio x1s pro. Are these options even good to make any difference to the gear i already have and if yes then are stacks better options then combo?

Dilettante

"Lack power" as in its preamp or headphones amp sections? I suggest you to be very clear on:
  1. What are you trying to record.
  2. What levels are you feeding to M2
  3. What frequency range you realistically expect

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Max SPL of the LSR305 is limited by its internal power amps, not by the DAC feeding it (except its voltage output is too low what I don't think is the case).

Top Bottom