• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dac/Amp for iBasso sr2

Hi guys,

Recently i've bought an iBasso sr2 and i'm loving it. I used to have a Dragonfly Red combined with a iFi Zen Can but i sold the set to buy something thats preferably all in one, or a normal stack stack that performs better than what i had.

I was looking at the Topping EX5 or the new DX3 Pro+ but the reviews showed clipping for both on low impedance headphones (the iBasso are 24 ohm & 108dB).
Another option is the Fiio K5 Pro but i'd prefer something that measures a little bit better.

Budget is €350 and i'm from Europe.

kchap

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Not sure, but Topping the E50/L50 combination might in your price range.

Mr:River

Hi guys,

Recently i've bought an iBasso sr2 and i'm loving it. I used to have a Dragonfly Red combined with a iFi Zen Can but i sold the set to buy something thats preferably all in one, or a normal stack stack that performs better than what i had.

I was looking at the Topping EX5 or the new DX3 Pro+ but the reviews showed clipping for both on low impedance headphones (the iBasso are 24 ohm & 108dB).
Another option is the Fiio K5 Pro but i'd prefer something that measures a little bit better.

Budget is €350 and i'm from Europe.
So, did you get the DX3pro+ with Ibasso SR2?
I have the DX3pro+ and I'm thinking of getting an SR2 I have no idea if it would be a good set.

OP
E
So, did you get the DX3pro+ with Ibasso SR2?
I have the DX3pro+ and I'm thinking of getting an SR2 I have no idea if it would be a good set.
I went with the Topping EX5 at first but i didn't really like it, so i returned it and bought a Zen Dac V2. I like the Zen Dac a lot more and the analogue volume knob feels so much better to turn.

The SR2 is a very good headphone, if you can get one get it imo.

I'm using the pads with the larger perforations and 2 eq filters; Peak 37hz Q 0.31 +6.4 - Peak 976hz Q 1.23 -4.8. This gives it more of a v-shaped sound that i personally really enjoy. It's fine without eq too but might not be for everyone.

Top Bottom