• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

dac/amp fiio k5 pro ess or audio interface audient id4 mkii for my dt 770 250ohm

radhwen

Hello guys i got my new beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm but know im confused about should i get audio interface or dac/amp .
with my research i fund that i need to much output power to drive my dt 250 ohm , so the fiio k5 pro ess have a good output power . but why all producers dont buy the fiio k5 and they are buyin the audient id4 mkii , when the fiio k5 pro ess have a more power output .
SO my question here : should i buy dac/amp the fiio k5 pro ess or audio interface audient id4 mkii ? and why ?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have those too, the K5Pro can handle it, for stacks on those you can't go wrong with the Topping e30 ii L30ii combo, I use it on my 600ohm dt880 as well and it's got plenty of power. So good on IEMs too.

Zensō

Major Contributor
Hello guys i got my new beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm but know im confused about should i get audio interface or dac/amp .
with my research i fund that i need to much output power to drive my dt 250 ohm , so the fiio k5 pro ess have a good output power . but why all producers dont buy the fiio k5 and they are buyin the audient id4 mkii , when the fiio k5 pro ess have a more power output .
SO my question here : should i buy dac/amp the fiio k5 pro ess or audio interface audient id4 mkii ? and why ?
Welcome to the forum!

The FiiO and the Audient aren’t really the same thing. One is a DAC for playback (FiiO), the other is an AD/DA interface for audio production. Do you only need a DAC for playback, or do you also need an ADC for instrument/mic inputs? If you don’t need the inputs, there’s no need for an interface, you’d be paying for functionality that you won’t use. In that case the FiiO (or some other DAC/amp) would be the better choice. On the other hand, if you need the inputs (say for music production, podcasting, etc.), the Audient or some other interface is what you’ll need.

OP
R

radhwen

I have those too, the K5Pro can handle it, for stacks on those you can't go wrong with the Topping e30 ii L30ii combo, I use it on my 600ohm dt880 as well and it's got plenty of power. So good on IEMs too.
you have the audient to ?

OP
R

radhwen

Julian Krause has a review of the Audient with measurements on YouTube:

Great my last question and sorry if im noob ahahah so if i go the audient i will get enough sound ? caus i dont want regret it

staticV3

Master Contributor
if i go the audient i will get enough sound ? caus i dont want regret it
According to Krause's measurements, the ID4 MKII can output about 4.8Vrms into 250Ω:
Screenshot_20230415-122508_Chrome.png
x-axis = Headphone impedance
y-axis = Max Vrms
Red dots = Krause's measurements
Black line = Curve fit
Blue triangle = 250Ω with predicted Vrms value

With 4.8Vrms, you can drive the DT770 Pro 250Ω to about 115dB SPL Peak, which is very, very loud.

OP
R

radhwen

According to Krause's measurements, the ID4 MKII can output about 4.8Vrms into 250Ω:
View attachment 279391
x-axis = Headphone impedance
y-axis = Max Vrms
Red dots = Krause's measurements
Black line = Curve fit
Blue triangle = 250Ω with predicted Vrms value

With 4.8Vrms, you can drive the DT770 Pro 250Ω to about 115dB SPL Peak, which is very, very loud.
Hello brother and thank for reply and i hope that you answer my question because now im really confused .
in my last research i did find the rode ai-1 and in the specs i found this 24 mW into 32 Ohms 245 mW into 300 Ohms .
and for the audient id4 mkii i found this
MAXIMUM LEVEL @ 30R:2.59V Peak, 1.827V RMS, 223mW

MAXIMUM LEVEL @ 62R:4.18V Peak, 2.95V RMS, 280mW

MAXIMUM LEVEL @ 600R:7.72V Peak, 5.46V RMS, 100mW
and i found this photo that gets me crazy ahaha because now i dont know what messearment is right .
NOTICE( im talkin about the rode ai-1 and the Audient ID4 MKii ) for my headphone dt 770 pro 250 ohm ) plase my freind i might need your help thank you

Attachments

• ss.png
    ss.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 158
Top Bottom