• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC/AMP combo for $150-250

Hi everyone so I'm new to the scene and I just recently bought a pair of HiFiman 4xxx and a Sennheiser 58x. I'm looking for something that will drive both of these headphones, now I typically will be using these with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (USBC) so I'll need something that mainly will work best for that.

I've found these so far but I don't have much knowledge on how good they are or how well they drive these headphones.

Nextdrive Spectra X
Dragonfly Red
Centrance DACport HD
Hidizs S8
Meizu Hifi Pro

any suggestions?

Last edited:

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Topping NX4 DSD 160$ on Ali, you can find measurements hire.

OP
I
I agree that the 9038S is all you need. Even with two balanced cables, you're well within budget (assuming $50 per cable, you're at $190). The sound with my modded HD6XX is very clean and detailed with this device.
Another option from the same company is the PDV2. It's not quite as detailed, but very clean with a slightly warm character that plays nce with headphones. It also has 7 band hardware EQ, and presets for both of your headphones.

Top Bottom