• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC/Amp/Audio Interface with dedicated mute volume button or fuction.

Hi All.
Recently i begun to dive deeper into the audio rabit hole.
So i'm in the phase where i'm searching for a DAC/AMP or an audio interface that has a dedicated mute button for volume.
It seems to me that it's a really simple feature, yet again, most of the budget options i'm looking at (150-200$) have maybe a mute mic button, but not a mute headphones/source button.
I tried to look even at higher end options but no luck either.
Is it something so hard to implement on a audio interface or a DAC/AMP or am i not searching good enough?

JSmith

Master Contributor
Welcome to ASR. :cool:

Yes some have this function;
mute headphones/source button
1660744098786.png

Power, volume (levels from 0-99) and input buttons would be the most utilized. FN will blank the screen, and the mute button works as expected; the display will show a blinking volume number to remind you of mute being on.

JSmith

FeddyLost

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is it something so hard to implement on a audio interface or a DAC/AMP or am i not searching good enough?
Pioneer U-05 have mute button on remote, for example.
Audio interfaces usually don't have mute buttons, it's more hi-fi option.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi All.
Recently i begun to dive deeper into the audio rabit hole.
So i'm in the phase where i'm searching for a DAC/AMP or an audio interface that has a dedicated mute button for volume.
It seems to me that it's a really simple feature, yet again, most of the budget options i'm looking at (150-200$) have maybe a mute mic button, but not a mute headphones/source button.
I tried to look even at higher end options but no luck either.
Ever thought of just turning the volume knob all the way down?
(It's what others do)

Top Bottom