• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC + AMP advice

Arcade

Good afternoon.

I am new on this forum and newbie in audio science.

I would like to ask your advice as an experts. I plan to build a set of DAC + AMP and wharfedale linton 85th anniversary speakers( Picked them as optimal under 1500 for my room by reading this forum.)

What can you advise the best price quality, which will play in my bedroom 30-40m2. Budget 1000 -1500 euros.
Looking at DA-9 + SU-9 but doubt that the amplifier will pull these speakers. Or better look for two mono amps like

Audiophonics MPA-M250NC​

If you were building yourself a system what would you buy in this case?)
Is it possible to get world class sound for the money?
Or look towards traditional brands?

Thank you.

P.s. I bought my main system 10 years ago
Oppo bdp 103, nad m25, onkyo pr-5509, focal profile 918.

now I want to try and put together something with new technology and brands in the bedroom that can play better :) if that is possible.

As i remember oppo and 3k+ focals was good system 10 years ago.

Last edited:
OP
A

Arcade

S.M.S.L DO100
Audiophonics MPA-S250NC

Done.

Yep. In that case, that are your speakers that are the bottleneck. But no worries.
Thank you for your response.
Is it necessary to increase the budget too much to make it difficult to understand where in the system the bottleneck is? :)

Top Bottom