• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC Advice for SMSL HO100

Misguided

Hi

I have an SMSL HO100 and I am thinking about buying a DO100 to go with it. I’ve read there are some issues using USB C to USB C and it is a bit on the pricey side, I can get it for about £190.

I was wondering about alternatives, cheaper if possible. Its primary use will be Bluetooth for now at least. I don’t know much about Bluetooth and what is best.

The HO100 has XLR inputs and I will need to use them for the DAC as the RCA inputs are being used by my Xbox Series X.

I had a look around and I did see the SMSL M300 but it’s the same price on Amazon, it doesn’t appear to offer any improvements and the DO100 matches the HO100 so I prefer that.

I’m just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for alternatives before I pull the trigger. I’m in the UK if that helps.

My headphones are Sundaras and I will be using an IPhone for Bluetooth and a Huawei Matebook E for USB, I will connect via a hub to get round the USB C issue.

Thanks in advance

staticV3

Master Contributor
The least expensive DAC I know with Balanced output and Bluetooth input is the SMSL D-6. It uses TRS jacks, which you can plug into XLR Amps.

OP
M

Misguided

Thanks I did see the M300 on Amazon but it was £190 which is the same as the DO100, maybe it was an older model.

The D6 looks interesting I will look into that

OP
M

Misguided

Thanks for the advice. I think I’m going to stick with the SMSL DO100, largely for the aesthetic side as it matches the H0100 it’s on slightly more expensive than the others and it’s a pretty good DAC.

Top Bottom