• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC-ADC interface : Any that will work FOR SURE?

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
3 weeks ago I went from Apogee Quartet to RME Fireface UCX II and all I can say is that get the RME and don't look back. I sounds great, headphone amp is powerful enough to drive easily my DCA AEON 2 Noire and integration with Protools and Logic Pro X was literally plug and play. RME TotalMix software makes Apogee Maestro 2 look like a toy.

elvisizer

3 weeks ago I went from Apogee Quartet to RME Fireface UCX II and all I can say is that get the RME and don't look back. I sounds great, headphone amp is powerful enough to drive easily my DCA AEON 2 Noire and integration with Protools and Logic Pro X was literally plug and play. RME TotalMix software makes Apogee Maestro 2 look like a toy.
considering that Maestro was discontinued years ago that's uhhh . . . . not super surprising. I didn't realize the quartet is as old as it is, that thing came out back in 2012! Anyway Maestro's been gone for years, they replaced it with new software named 'control'

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
considering that Maestro was discontinued years ago that's uhhh . . . . not super surprising. I didn't realize the quartet is as old as it is, that thing came out back in 2012! Anyway Maestro's been gone for years, they replaced it with new software named 'control'

Yes, Apogee Control worked fine with the Quartet but the RMA Totalmix software is just in another level.

elvisizer

control and totalmix are equivalent- I'm not aware of any features in totalmix that control lacks- they both do effects, snapshots, loopback, talkback, usb remotes, iOS remote apps . . .
really that's true of all the professional audio interfaces these days- everyone's software supports all the normal things.
plus on macs apogee's integration with logic means you don't even need to use control if you don't want to- dual path monitoring controlled directly from the DAW is very very cool.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
control and totalmix are equivalent- I'm not aware of any features in totalmix that control lacks- they both do effects, snapshots, loopback, talkback, usb remotes, iOS remote apps . . .
really that's true of all the professional audio interfaces these days- everyone's software supports all the normal things.
plus on macs apogee's integration with logic means you don't even need to use control if you don't want to- dual path monitoring controlled directly from the DAW is very very cool.

I was referring to Control on Quartet, not on the newer audio interfaces like Symphony or Duet 3. Control 2 on Quartet has limited functionality. For instance, no plugins and no FXs, and yes, I know this is due the fact that Quartet does not support internal plugins and FXs. I also own a Duet 3, Symphony Desktop and Apollo Twin X, all of them are great AI but for my personal use at home I like RME better.

While typing this I just recall that I have a Duet for Mac that I took out of service and replaced it with an UA Apollo Twin MKII Heritage Edition back in Dec. It's in like new condition so this one goes for sale right now :)

IMG_0972.jpeg

Top Bottom