• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

D90 locks up (windows driver issue?)

mikemcsw

I recently purchased a used Topping D90 (AKM version). Sounds great playing flacs and no drivers.

I tried to play DSD files using jriver and it either locks up or stutters.

Does anyone know if you use the same Topping Driver for D90 (original aka version) as other versions?

On their website, they show a D90LE driver and another driver that says for "most" topping dacs?
I don't see a driver that is for just D90 (i don't know what the LE model is? is that the 9038 or akm version)?
Which driver should i use?
ALso does anyone else have experience getting topping d90 working with JRIVER or any free player that plays dsd files?

d90.gif

OP
M

mikemcsw

so i read the pdf file with the driver that says it works with most topping dacs, and it DID say it works on the d90 dac. So after in installed the driver, i selected the ASIO option in Jriver, and it still locked up. As soon as i disconnected the USB cable, the computer unlocked without me having to reboot, and then i put the usb cable in a different usb port and it WORKED! Yay, my DSD files now sounds superb, dynamic, and no skipping or locking up.

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
so i read the pdf file with the driver that says it works with most topping dacs, and it DID say it works on the d90 dac.
So there is some exception wih the 90LE, some feature that requires a different ASIO device driver.
So after in installed the driver, i selected the ASIO option in Jriver, and it still locked up. As soon as i disconnected the USB cable, the computer unlocked without me having to reboot, and then i put the usb cable in a different usb port and it WORKED!
Always restart computer (OS) after installing the USB device driver. It "gives Windows a chance" to sort out the USB device enumeration/list..which it sometimes gets a bit confused - as in it works better (no trouble) when devices always use the same port.

Top Bottom