• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cyrus 7’s strange noise

ThangBV

Dear all, I have a Cyrus 7 with this problem: when I turn it to standby mode there is a ‘pop’ noise on speakers at quite high volume. When I switch between channels there is also similar noise but at much lower volume. And when the source is off (in my case TV) there is some time similar noise randomly and seems also constantly at some tens minutes. Anyone experienced the same issue? Or any ideas? Many thanks to all!

My signal chain is very simple:
1. Source: TV with headphone 3.5 output
2. Input to aux 1/2 RCA via audioquest 3.5 to rca cable
3. Preout to sub: standard Kimber rca cable to a stereo-to-mono summing adaptor, then one rca cable from adaptor to the sub
4. Speaker out: Cyrus 7 has bi-wire connectors so there are 2 outputs for each speaker. As my speaker has just single-wire then I use just the upper speaker out connectors and lefting the lower speaker output just unconnected.

There is nothing else connected.

Attachments

• CB87AA8E-9660-45DE-8221-AEB14D1D3313.jpeg
    CB87AA8E-9660-45DE-8221-AEB14D1D3313.jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 51
Top Bottom