• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CXN V2/ Eversolo dmp-a6/ Uniti Atom

Ridefast555

I just can't decide on what to choose.
I can't demo any of these units as im in South Africa.
What's going to sound better ?
I already have AE1 Active's. & the Cxn v2.
Cxn v2 or Eversolo dmp-a6 as the source and pre amp.
Or sell the AE1 Active speakers.
Get a Uniti Atom and speakers ?
But what speakers.
Or a Hifi Rose 520 and speakers ?

Confused about it all.
I haven't received the Cxn V2 yet as a friend will bring it back to South Africa for me in a month.
And when I bought the Cxn V2 the Eversolo dmp-a6 hadn't been released.
The main reason I like the Atom is for the Hdmi.

ivayvr

Bluesound Node or Powernode, current version. They both have HDMI and quite a bit cheaper than the equipment you listed.

Hatto

I can't answer all your questions all at once, but there's a simple trick to making a decision: Not all products are superior to one other in terms of sound quality; after a certain point, thay are all the same. That point is where the technical fidelity of the equipment surpasses human hearing. DMP-A6 is already at that point so you can be certain that there is no "better" device over it. Anything can be just as good or worse, but never better.

Another point is that sound quality is NOT everything when it comes to decision criteria. This is even more true as the complexity of the audio equipment increases, as it is for network streamer/dac/pre-amp AIO devices.

Last edited:

Snoopy

Major Contributor
I have the CXN V2. Keep in mind it will upsample everything to pcm 384khz. This includes DSD files.

trigovina

I have the CXN V2. Keep in mind it will upsample everything to pcm 384khz. This includes DSD files.
Does it make the cxn v2 better than dmp-a6 about sound quality? Did you compare each of them at the same setup? Or do you feel the difference in your device with or without upsampling?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Speakers and room speakers and room speakers and room etc etc.
Keith

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Does it make the cxn v2 better than dmp-a6 about sound quality? Did you compare each of them at the same setup? Or do you feel the difference in your device with or without upsampling?

The CXN v2 upsamples everything to 384khz. There is no way around that. So I can’t tell you if it sounds different without upsampling.

OP
R

Ridefast555

Good afternoon.
I eventually bought the Z8. Initially I was very happy. Excellent quality. Performance as expected.
Only issue I have is with the BT it's garbage.
Not even useable.

Top Bottom