• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Current music from and about Ukraine and its people- no politics, please.

OP
Xulonn

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

ADU

Major Contributor
No brave or deep stuff for me tonite. Just some vintage Hot Chocolate (Горячий Шоколад).

Горячий Шоколад - "Без ума от счастья"

This group was my first exposure to Ukrainian popular music btw. An Armenian car dealership near me used to run music videos from around the region late at night over their commercials on a public access channel.

Video plays only on YouTube btw. Hence the link.

OP
Xulonn

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A truly beautiful "science fiction" themed music video with excellent, expensive production values. I have enjoyed science fiction all my life, and to see this production from Ukraine gives me great pleasure. I downloaded it.

OP
Xulonn

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

OP
Xulonn

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The YouTube vlogger "Anna from Ukraine" began vlogging on YT after the war began. She has a Ph.D. in linguistics, but she vlogs daily more broadly about the culture and history of Ukraine and the surrounding countries, and sometimes about the current situation.

In the vlog 52 linked below, she discusses traditional musical instruments and folk dances of Ukraine. In the first (pinned) comment beneath the vlog, Anna links several illustrative musical performances and folk dances. At the end of her vlog, she shows a live street performance by a Ukrainian pop star that she chanced upon while walking through the city a few days ago.

Konstantin.K

Valentin Silvestrov plays his piece for piano written while fleeing Kiev

and more from Silvestrov

Last edited:
OP
Xulonn

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor