• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Crown XLS 1502 and noise floor

DWPress

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I replaced it! Though just with the other Crown in my signature which I picked up for just $150 but the XLI 800 is class AB and for whatever reason the fan kicks on less often. I'd love to replace it with a ICEpower 1000ASP eventually and be done with fans completely.

Chrise36

Major Contributor
I replaced it! Though just with the other Crown in my signature which I picked up for just $150 but the XLI 800 is class AB and for whatever reason the fan kicks on less often. I'd love to replace it with a ICEpower 1000ASP eventually and be done with fans completely.
Good it worked for you. I have never heard the fan on my xls1002 i believe you have no neighbours then...

DWPress

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Nope, no neighbors. :)

I'm sure part of my problem is my particular sub driver can dip into < 4ohm which is hard on the Crown in BTL mode causing heat = fans.

OP
E

Elgrosso

I forgot about the fan! Never heard it so far, but only 2 weeks.
It must not have been triggered, or is just silent enough but I’ll check.
When I tested a T.amp, E800 or 1200 I don't remember, the fans (x2) were big nuisance.

Top Bottom