• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Crown XLi measurement in bridge mode

MEGB1262

Hi all!
I am a quite new member here, so apologies in advance for my high level of "no clue".
I have decided to invest some budget in some cheap PA amplifier. I tried first to get some units of the Crown XLS DriveCore2 with the patented DriveCore 2 circuit design but here in Germany it is all out of stock until September or even October. So i found the good old traditional designed Crown XLi series. Most of the buyers reviews in the big shops in Europe like Thomann or Music Store Professional seems to be very enthusiastic even for loud Home Cinema use. Then i found the disintegrating review here with some serious lack of quality in the distortion and signal to noise ratio measurements. Of course the stuff is ordered now and i will have to try to get the best out of it - and now my question: do i have a chance to improve a little bit in bridge mode? Especially with the traditional circuit design there should be a potential that the measurements in bridge mode looks better than in stereo or parallel mode. Do i have a chance to take a first look at this with my CLIO Pocket measurement amplifier or isn't it accurate enough. Did you try for the review in 2019 also to take a look to the difference between standard and bridge mode or not?
Many thanks in advance for the interest in this post and best regards,
MEGB1262

Top Bottom