• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Crown amp owners, what's next?

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Crown is not a maker of artisanal, hand-made, low-volume products. This whole thread is based on a false comparison.

If people want to focus on hand-crafted audio, there are plenty of choices. Hell, I own a Fi Yph phono stage, hand-made (point to point wiring) by the late Don Garber, and a Cornet 3 made Jim Hagerman of Hagermanlabs. They are both idiosyncratic, singular visions of their designers, who built them with their own hands. But their manufacturing output volume makes even tiny Conrad Johnson look like a behemoth.

There is a place for such products in the home audio world and I'm happy we have them. But that has practically nothing to do with Crown / JBL Pro / Harman and their products and business models.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
So you cherry pick the 2nd worst company out of a sea of dozens of AOIP capable products with SOTA DSP capabilities, and use that as your example? Goes to show your lack of knowledge in this field.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
So you cherry pick the 2nd worst company out of a sea of dozens of AOIP capable products with SOTA DSP capabilities, and use that as your example? Goes to show your lack of knowledge in this field.

I asked you to name a company, you didn't. I picked one of the biggest.

But I'm out -- I'm bored with trollbait threads like this.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Mivera asking about the Crown situation or making it known is okay. Even asking if Amir as a dealer of some products that use Crown knows additional info is okay.

The rest of his posts have no place here. How long will you put up with this crap from the guy?

Can you limit him to 5 posts per day?

Maybe a time limit of 8 hrs between posts?

Or maybe all his posts require moderator approval first? Sorry about that, but it should quickly become apparent his posts are of no value most of the time.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mivera asking about the Crown situation or making it known is okay.

He's not asking about it. He's posting that they are belly up.

They are just going to be absorbed as a badge much like most of the other holdings Samsung acquired.

650 positions are being eliminated across divisions. It's to be expected as Samsung consolidates their 8 Billion $$ purchase. That should put it into perspective for you.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I do Cisco, Juniper, Intel, HP. I'm intimately familiar with AES67 and AVB protocols.

I can tell you when I'm brought in to help architect solutions I like dealing with as few vendors as possible. The Harman family lets me do the full stack from stage back to booth.

It gives me one neck to choke and working with a vendor that I know has implemented AES67/AVB and other protocols correctly.

It's not as cut and dry "Oh just use AES67 compliant devices" as some form of guaranteed interoperability.

To borrow a phrase:

Goes to show your lack of knowledge in this field.

benni

The Crown K2 may not be the most up-to-date amplifier, but due to its linear power supply and passive cooling, it is still quite unique and thus perhaps worth a review.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
BTW:

@Mivera

I hate people when they are disingenuous on purpose. I mod at some other forums and this would have been @ least a temp worthy ban.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I didn't know that.
I'd rather think a guy like that was being paid to diss Crown. The alternatives are kind of depressing.

Top Bottom