• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Crown amp owners, what's next?

Mivera

Major Contributor
After reading this post here:

IMG_1266.JPG

I was feeling very secure about going with Crown for my next amp purchase. But now that Samsung has decided to axe the Crown division altogether, what's that mean for Crown owners? Will parts be available in 10 years still?

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
@amirm, I can imagine your dealership sold 1000's of Crown amps over the years. What's your plan for future support for your Crown amp clients?

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
After reading this post here:

View attachment 8753

I was feeling very secure about going with Crown for my next amp purchase. But now that Samsung has decided to axe the Crown division altogether, what's that mean for Crown owners? Will parts be available in 10 years still?

Where did it say Crown is no more? There has been a lot of restructuring at Harman for a while even pre Samsung.

It's not a surprise as Samsung sees growth in the automotive sector and it's those technologies and support structure they are going to focus and structure around.

Is there anything that you can not spin and be a dishonest broker or is it simply the way you are twisted?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Is there anything that you can not spin and be a dishonest broker or is it simply the way you are twisted?
I don't know if he doesn't understand what he reads, or 0n purpose is not ethical or both.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Crown owners are waiting for an answer Amir. You owe it to them.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
I'm not sure. As top Crown dealer in North America, Amir is the best one to ask that question to.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not sure. As top Crown dealer in North America, Amir is the best one to ask that question to.

Don't post something that has no factual basis and then ask someone else to verify it.

What is your evidence that Crown is no longer in operation?

Agreed that you're not sure of too many things.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
I already shared the link I heard it from. If it's bullshit, Amir can confirm.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I already shared the link I heard it from. If it's bullshit, Amir can confirm.

Crown is not even mentioned in the Commercial Integrator link.

Samsung is consolidation operations offices to three locations in the U.S.

Harman let many of the brands operate separately and it has certainly caused some problems. Now, thankfully, they are getting addressed. Sadly 650 people are getting cut as an outcome of this.

Hopefully this will tighten up their integration and supply chain.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Crown is not even mentioned in the Commercial Integrator link you fucking moron.

I guess the truth will be revealed in time. Watch your language. Children read this forum.

Last edited:

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Geardaddy

I'm sure it simply means that the manufacturing is now being outsourced. I'm sure the typical Harman end user will not know the difference

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Jinjuku are you also a Harman rep? If so you better contact your superiors and get to the bottom of this. Amir has already expressed his empathy for the situation.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
I'm sure it simply means that the manufacturing is now being outsourced. I'm sure the typical Harman end user will not know the difference

Yes the typical Crown end user doesn't know the difference between good and bad sound, so likely they won't care about ethics either.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
A little better explanation here.

http://wvpe.org/post/crown-audio-elkhart-closing

The part that warms my heart the most is this politically correct statement:

We’ve blended the products to turn them into a unified one Harman solution. Within that construct we begin developing redundancies across the organization and inefficiencies that we wanted to correct as an organization,”

The families of the workers losing their jobs after working there all their lives hearts will be warmed especially by that statement.

Top Bottom