• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Crossover Software for Windows, Linux, macOS.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you for your quick fix! It is just fine now.

Newman

Major Contributor
The thread title includes iOS but nothing has come to light so far?

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The thread title includes iOS but nothing has come to light so far?
Good eye. I changed the title to reflect that there are no iOS crossover software(s) known at this time. :D

Newman

Major Contributor
Pity. I was hoping I had missed it.

Royalfrakk

Is dePhonica no longer supported? (updated in 2016)
FIR filters; GUI; easy to use - only thing I'm missing is a better EQ, as there is no proper parametric EQ in the version available (v3).

The only other easy to use solution I found is EKIO. It has very nice GUI; straightforward routing and filter options; although I guess it has no FIR filter options.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The only other easy to use solution I found is EKIO. It has very nice GUI; straightforward routing and filter options; although I guess it has no FIR filter options.

In my multichannel multi-driver multi-way multi-amplifier fully active stereo project, I use EKIO as system-wide one-stop XO/EQ/Time-alignment center.
You would please find my latest system setup as of May 30 2022 here on my project thread.

You are right, EKIO uses IIR filters, as I shared:
- EKIO uses IIR filters; cascade 2nd order direct form II biquad in 64 bit floating point: #138-#142
- EKIO (using IIR filters) gives audible post-ringing or pre-ringing, or not?: #143

In my post #140 on the project thread, I wrote:
Guillaume of LUPISOFT kindly responded to me informing;
"EKIO uses IIR filters. The processing is done using a cascade of second order transposed direct form II biquad sections. Every calculation is done using 64 bit floating point numbers."

Sieniek

Hello Guys, probably a noob question but for now I'm using foobar2000 with a plugin in which I can set my active crossovers in my front stereo speakers but I would like to use Dirac Live Calibration Tool on windows and I don't know how to make calibration with all active crossovers being active while DLRC is in the process ?

I think it's not possible with foobar2000 and I'm probably right ?
Can you enlighten me which program can I use to set these active crossovers on ground level on windows 10 ? So whatever media player on my windows laptop I would use or DLRC being in the process it would always be playing with these active crossovers working.

Anyone who can help me with this please ? I'm stuck.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Doodski,

For MacOS, another free tool from Apple should do the trick: AU Lab. It's part of the XCode additional tools and lets you route audio from one interface to another and add Audio Unit Effects. An older version can be found here.

For me though, I cannot get it to work. I get no output at all. Maybe others have more luck...

It may also be interesting to note some of the DAWs that let you do live mixing and filtering of audio streams.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Doodski,

For MacOS, another free tool from Apple should do the trick: AU Lab. It's part of the XCode additional tools and lets you route audio from one interface to another and add Audio Unit Effects. An older version can be found here.

For me though, I cannot get it to work. I get no output at all. Maybe others have more luck...

It may also be interesting to note some of the DAWs that let you do live mixing and filtering of audio streams.
Thank you for the details of the tool. It's about 3:30 am and I'm off to snooze so I will add the details and link to the webpage when I get busy in the morning. Thanks again. :D

Top Bottom