• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Crossover Software for Windows, Linux, macOS.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Kushview Element for Mac/Windows is a brilliant app that acts similarly to a mixing board in a DAW by hosting VST, VST3, AXX, AU plugins with an easily understandable GUI. Within it you can host additional plugins like:
  • X-MCFX: multichannel .wav plugin THIS IS THE XO PART
  • Sir3: reverb convolution known for zero latency and good updates across OSs. There are free options out there like MConvoltionEZ & XvolverEssential
  • TDR Nova: great low latency parametric EQ with compressor/expander. Other free EQ options are MEqualizer, QRange, Marvel GEQ, Toned.
  • Voxengo Sound Delay: for setting individual delay for drivers/subs
Thank you for the details. I added your comment near verbatim. Very well organized. :D

DWPress

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

DWPress

Forum Donor
@Doodski If you're still updating this thread a recent release of Element is also available for Linux as well.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Doodski If you're still updating this thread a recent release of Element is also available for Linux as well.
Hmmz... I googled Element crossover software for Linux and did not find crossover software. Any ideas for me to find the Element crossover software?

DWPress

Forum Donor
Any ideas for me to find the Element crossover software?
The link is for Kushview Element which is in your first post where it already is in the Windows and Mac categories. Element

It does far more than just XO work.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

DWPress

Forum Donor
The website paywall for the app is confusing. You can donate a couple dollars and then the links show up so not completely "freeware". If you follow the link to the Github site to compile yourself (for free) you'll see the Linux parameters. Tested with Ubunto and supports these formats: LADSPA/LV2/VST3.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The website paywall for the app is confusing. You can donate a couple dollars and then the links show up so not completely "freeware". If you follow the link to the Github site to compile yourself (for free) you'll see the Linux parameters. Tested with Ubunto and supports these formats: LADSPA/LV2/VST3.
Thank you very much. I added the download link for GitHub to the new Linux listing. :D

ofrappier

macOS
CamillaDSP cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.
JRiver Media Center supports crossovers for Windows, macOS, and Linux with up to 32 channels of DSP. Besides its own filters, it also supports convolution filters from Audiolense, Acourate, RePhase, and DRC with automatic sample rate matching. It supports VST2 and VST3 plugins. For Windows it can be setup as an audio device so all Windows sound is routed through JRiver Media Center's DSP. It can also accept external audio via ASIO for processing.

Kushview Element acts similarly to a mixing board in a DAW by hosting VST, VST3, AXX, AU plugins with an easily understandable GUI. Within it you can host additional plugins like:
  • X-MCFX: multichannel .wav plugin THIS IS THE XO PART
  • Sir3: reverb convolution known for zero latency and good updates across OSs. There are free options out there like MConvoltionEZ & XvolverEssential
  • TDR Nova: great low latency parametric EQ with compressor/expander. Other free EQ options are MEqualizer, QRange, Marvel GEQ, Toned.
  • Voxengo Sound Delay: for setting individual delay for drivers/subs

on OSX, the easier way to do crossover and FIR :

Capture d’écran 2022-03-24 à 13.27.05.png

Pro-Q3 for Crossover
Convology XT for FIR

and this modular :

Capture d’écran 2022-03-24 à 13.31.20.png

1/2 for the TOP / and channel 4 for mono SUB : With an MOTU 8A

and with Q3 : 2X Q1 / 12 db -> make a Linkwitz 24 dB, here at 60 Hz

Capture d’écran 2022-03-24 à 13.33.18.png

Last edited:
OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
on OSX, the easier way to do crossover and FIR :

View attachment 194871

Pro-Q3 for Crossover
Convology XT for FIR

and this modular :

View attachment 194874

1/2 for the TOP / and channel 4 for mono SUB : With an MOTU 8A

and with Q3 : 2X Q1 / 12 db -> make a Linkwitz 24 dB, here at 60 Hz

View attachment 194876
Thanks for the infO. I added them to the list. :D

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There is also a CrossOver software (from CodeWeavers) that I've been using years ago to run windows app under Linux.

This is crossover software for running Windows software in a Linux environment. The software this thread is made for is for crossing over speakers in a active system. Otherwise this software looks really cool and it makes a big difference for Linux users to be able to run Windows and games under Linux. Great product.
Screenshot 2022-03-24 072643.png

Davide

I suggest to create a new sw category in first post, named "plugins host", where Kushview Element actually can goes.

In addition to Elements there are other most powerful sw such as, Cantabile, Gig Performer, Camelot Pro and Mainstage (much more developed than Element).

Other DAW-type sws could fall into this category, such as Cakewalk, Ableton Live, Reaper (just to name the free or cheap ones).

DrTebi

I am a bit late to the party... but there is definitely something missing in the Linux section: LSP Plugins!
I absolutely love what you can do with these. Currently I have setup a 2-way crossover, each channel with a parametric EQ. Output goes into two vintage Accuphase amps and then to two 18" subwoofers and two 8" full-range drivers... all "baffle-less". Sure it's experimental, but sounds pretty amazing. It takes a bit of patchwork to connect everything with the Jack Audio Connection Kit, but everything can be saved as a patchbay for easy recalling. I wrote a bash script to start jack, all plugins, MPD, and nicely arrange the windows. Now it's just one command on the terminal and it's ready to rock.

Since version 1.20 it can also be run "headless", which means one could run it on a raspberry without a screen etc., just as a media streamer. This was added upon my request :)

Oh, and I almost forgot: It also has a plugin called "Loudness Compensator". It basically adjusts the loudness curve dynamically when you raise/lower the volume. In my opinion it makes a huge difference especially when listening at lower volumes...

Highly recommended!

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-22 at 12.25.10 AM.jpeg

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello OP @Doodski,

As you well understand, EKIO is wonderful EQ, XO, DSP software for Windows, and I would like to suggest you may better to include EKIO in your XO software lists in your first post on this thread.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello gagain, OP @Doodski,

In my "default" screen color setting, the "EKIO" line is shown in gray color;
WS003666.JPG

Top Bottom