• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Creative SXFI AMP Review (headphone adapter)

musica

Excuse me , what is the difference in listening between SXFI and the Apple system ?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
By apple system, do you mean apple dongle?

If yes the. SXFI has virtual multichannel mode and EQ settings while apple dongle does not.
They mean the spatial audio that Apple Airpods Max and some of their source kit (apple tv for eg) can offer. @musica is keen to get a good spatial audio feeling from movies etc.

Not something I have ventured into but I would doubt if any such set up could deliver a "real" spatial feeling- just varying degrees of fake.

rxp

SXFI has a war more reflective/reverb filled room. Spatial Audio on the Apple TV feels like a home theater, like real speakers similar to SXFI without a ton of reverb. Localisation is pin precise. Spatial Audio on the iPhone is very nearfield and doesn't feel at all like real speakers

musica

They mean the spatial audio that Apple Airpods Max and some of their source kit (apple tv for eg) can offer. @musica is keen to get a good spatial audio feeling from movies etc.

Not something I have ventured into but I would doubt if any such set up could deliver a "real" spatial feeling- just varying degrees of fake.
yes, that's what I meant.
But is it worth spending a lot of money for an Apple Airpods max and apple tv, SXFI and sbx on GC7 go bad for virtual suroond in headphones for movies

Last edited:

zany.ninja

Hmm the unit I measured seems to not have that increasing noise at HF... strange

4B7RIaQ.png

BTW, crosstalk? I remember it being bad.

You remember correctly - looks like you measured the crosstalk at -45dB and -47dB into 16 and 33 ohms respectively.

Archimago measured the SXFI amp's crosstalk at -106.1 dB, and I wouldn't doubt his numbers. Could be wwenze's measurements were with the SXFI effect on? Coz that obviously introduces a lot of crossfeed. Or because wwenze's test was done with a 96kHz signal which the amp resamples to 48kHz, and that affected the crosstalk somehow?

Last edited:

zany.ninja

Archimago measured the SXFI amp's crosstalk at -106.1 dB, and I wouldn't doubt his numbers. Could be wwenze's measurements were with the SXFI effect on? Coz that obviously introduces a lot of crossfeed. Or because wwenze's test was done with a 96kHz signal which the amp resamples to 48kHz, and that affected the crosstalk somehow?
Also, regarding loaded/unloaded measurements, even if we take it that Archimago's crosstalk measurement of -106.1 dB is so low because he measured the unloaded DAC (and that's why it appears to be very good), the discrepancy between it and the -75.6 dB measured unloaded by wwenze is still a lot. And rather puzzling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom