• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cream drummer Ginger Baker passes away at 80

Wombat

Master Contributor

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ginger never really had the major commercial/artistic presence of bandmates Eric, or Jack Bruce, the latter especially in the song writing department. But he kept pounding away. As a kid I owned some of his records. I guess most folks my age and demographic did. May he RIP.

Cosmik

Major Contributor
This is fun. The Graham Bond Organisation with Ginger Baker in 1965.

Last edited:

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
VERY RIP.
I did not know of his work with Haden and Frisell (etc) - thanks for that link!
Now playing on Amazon Music HD :)
I like this comment in one of the reviews on 'zon:
"i read in another review that the sound quality was so good that you could use this cd as a great way to demo your audio system. i definitely second that recommendation (as a long time audiophile). i have always felt that Baker had some magical method of capturing his drum sound in the recording studio and wasn't ever sure how much influence he had on this. the drum sound on this cd beats the hell out of anything i've ever heard; combined with Bakers choice of drums, tuning, and his (likely) involvment in the final mix, i get shivers listening to this and want to instantly get up and dance or drum. the energy is magical. "

Top Bottom