• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Crazy ass Audio tweaking

richard51

Very interesting thread...I myself listen in nearfield,in a small almost square room, and I treated the room myself without alas! any other means than my ears, gradually,with cheap granular foam panels of different density...The end results were night and day....But I decide one day to clean the electrical grid of my house and the upgrading effect surpass all expectations...I implement it on a 6 month period, slowly discovering the effects one after the other....I dont know if someone know that cleaning the electrical grid is imperative ?...I apologize if this rant of mine is perhaps not at the right spot on this forum...My best to all and thanks for your interesting forum...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
richard51

richard51

I begin with the central electrical panel of my house in the basement, I put some quartz the first time and that in some way clean the sound... Impress by that ridiculous tweak, I go on with different stones, and impress by the results,varying results depending of the kind of stones used,i carry on with the electrical panel, the results were astounding.... Finally I go upward cleaning all along the main electrical line of my house,all along the exterior wall of my house, using after many experiments complementary stones, but mainly, all along the approx. 17 feet of cable on the exterior wall of my house,i put cheap colored river bed peebles(for aquarium hobbyist) and the imaging,clarity on all frequencies improve so much,that this was astounding for the price paid, one bucks for the bag of ordinary peebles, but a little more pricier for the many complementary kind of stones I used .... At the end there is absolutely no comparison between my audio system nude right out of the box without cleaning, and the same audio system cleaned...

Now I know that any review except measurement is anecdotal reading at most...Not because this is only subjective experience like some say,but mainly because almost all people listen to an audio system without cleaning the electrical grid, without much precaution for vibrations treatment also then they never listen to their own gear at his peak optimal outcome...Now i dont suffer upgraditis anymore,because when your audio system is already good and sound at his optimal level, you listen to your music without anymore back thinking... My wife love that upgraditis cure more than me if possible... Thanks for your interest...

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I went to buy stones to do the same thing to my electrical panel and they said they were out! Now I know who bought their entire stock!!! :D

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I begin with the central electrical panel of my house in the basement, I put some quartz the first time and that in some way clean the sound... Impress by that ridiculous tweak, I go on with different stones, and impress by the results,varying results depending of the kind of stones used,i go on with the electrical panel, the results were astounding....
Yes, they are ridiculous. If you heard a difference it's because you wanted to, not because there really were any.
Do you have any measurements to support these sighted subjective impressions?

I didn't think so.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I use diamonds. You must use natural organic diamonds, though, as the cheap industrial man-made ones cause the sound to be too harsh and mechanical. And for best sound they must be flawless but that does come at a price premium. The best sound is worth every little hundred thousand dollars, however.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I went to by stones
I think everyone in the US is buying stones since we won the gold medal in curling yesterday.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Some people can find rocks close-by by just using their head. o_O

Mmmm, that accent sounds familiar. Canadian.

Last edited:
OP
richard51

richard51

Dear Sal1950 you think right...But I do not say all that expecting you to believe me for sure...But dont throw the baby with the bath waters and dont start a war about subjectivist and objectivist...Buy some cheap stones throw them on your electrical grid and call that an audio day....Myself I had only try something that cure my upgraditis...Call it illusion if that trouble your sleep.... I only want to help with my electrical grid cleaning remarks because nobody speak about that ....I wish you the best....By the way my motto is : it is better to have questions than only opinions....

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
richard51

richard51

Thanks for this magnificent Russian song...that depict perfectly my "illusion"....

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
You're welcome.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I have some stones I picked up from the northwest shore of Lake Superior.

prnl-lake-superior-4.jpg

They're on the floor by the speakers acting as bulwarks. And one on my desk for a paperweight.

I chose the dark gray stones.

Wombat

Master Contributor
This could get interesting. o_O Stones, crystals, Mass loading, mechanical damping of electronic components. I knew I'd come across it before now - on StereoNET

DSCF2235_JPG_af3315a8154b9a3d0cb903be11fe0eb1.jpg

Last edited:

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Those guilty of Heresy will be stoned.

Or is that hearsay?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Cry Havok, and let slip the dogs of war!
Someone has opened the doors of the lunatic asylum.

Please mods, don't let this valuable thread be laid waste to.

OP
richard51

richard51

Dont be excited too much, or too soon i promise I will be silent like a stone...

Top Bottom