• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Crackling over coaxial output from fiio e10k to Swan m200mkiii+ in musicbee

fragzone

Hello I was hoping to get some help with this issue, I hope this is the right sub-forum for it.

Firstly, the speakers work just fine outside of musicbee. Music played on youtube/spotify have no such issues, tested with the same songs.

Issue seems indifferent to file type, FLACS and mp3s being the types I have tested. Some songs the crackling is barely perceptible, but seems to occur due to an overload in the treble region.

The issue persists in directsound as well as Wasapi (shared or exclusive).

I am using a dedicated coaxial cable (after using just a standard RCA cable and assuming that was the issue). Although I think we can rule out interferance given it works fine outside of musicbee. Also, no such issues in musicbee using RCA inputs into the speaker.

I imagine if it is an issue with a DAC being able to competently decode the data, it would be the onboard speaker DAC because the fiio e10k just acts as a digital passthrough AFAIK. Perhaps the digital data that youtube and spotify sends over is not of a high enough bandwidth/bitrate to stress the DAC?

My settings in musicbee are shown in the attached picture.

Attachments

• audioissue.PNG
    audioissue.PNG
    138.7 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom