• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Crackle playing DSF files on Topping D50s

thefsb

Addicted to Fun and Learning
When I play the DSF files available here http://www.2l.no/hires/ I can hear a quiet crackling noise in the right channel.

Before I attempt to debug the transport of the files from my media server to the DAC, can anyone confirm that they can play the same files on a D50s without problems?

Try the Vivaldi: Recitative and Aria from Cantata RV 679, "Che giova il sospirar, povero core".

Blur

Forum Donor
How do you have your D50s plugged into your source, USB/Optical? Have you tried another USB port such as a true USB 2.0 port?

Blur

Forum Donor
I'll try and take a listen tonight if I have time.

Hemi-Demon

I tried that particular song, downloaded as 2L-056_04_stereo_DSD256.dsf (563 mb file), and I don't have any issues playing it cleanly through Jriver V26. Foobar 1.5.1 beta 4 (super audio 1.18, DSD processor 1.1.3, ASIO 2.1.2 also plays it cleanly with no hiccups.

OP
thefsb

thefsb

I tried that particular song, downloaded as 2L-056_04_stereo_DSD256.dsf (563 mb file), and I don't have any issues playing it cleanly through Jriver V26. Foobar 1.5.1 beta 4 (super audio 1.18, DSD processor 1.1.3, ASIO 2.1.2 also plays it cleanly with no hiccups.
Thanks.

I thought it unlikely that the file was bad but it's good to eliminate that doubt.

OP
thefsb

thefsb

How do you have your D50s plugged into your source, USB/Optical? Have you tried another USB port such as a true USB 2.0 port?
It's on a USB 2.0 port on an RPi3B+ running upmpdcli. The file is on a separate host running MinimServer. So there's lots of things that can go wrong including the ALSA configs. I'm not sure it's worth the effort because I don't have any DSD program material and I don't think there's any reason I should get some.

Top Bottom