• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Coverage of 2017 New York Audio Show

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Making a good video is likely to be a significant effort. I am also much less likely to watch; would rather skim through the pictures and read the accompanying text (especially since I am at work most of the time and cannot watch videos there even on break or over lunch). In keeping with my recent post bemoaning the fate of CDs and maintaining my status as an old fuddy-duddy, I advocate for just keeping on with the pretty pictures and text. Reading should not become a lost art.

Candlesticks

My feelings exactly. I only watched a minute or two of that video and jumped around.

I keep thinking that video should play a role in my coverage of shows but have not yet figured out something that is not a ton of work to do.

It's different to what Michael Fremer does. The audience for Zeos videos are not the people who are going to be purchasing anything there so for them it's more of a novel curiosity and an opportunity for Zeos to test out a new recording setup.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I understand. I tend to not want to monopolize the room for an interview like that. It takes away from them doing business. When they do it for Fremer and such, it is a promotional activity that matters to them. If they do it for me, not so much. :) I often see them setup for these interviews and I stop and leave so that they can do so. They have paid good money for those suites and getting that kind of press is important for them.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
They have paid good money for those suites and getting that kind of press is important for them.
Possibly paid good money for the review too. :eek::p

Top Bottom