• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Alto saxophonist Pierre Bertrand and his group Caja Negra covered Duke Ellington's entire Far East Suite in a 2018 album, and did a very nice job. Here they play "Amad" and "Isfahan" live in the studio. A YouTube link to the entire album follows. Please enjoy these original renditions of some of my favorite Duke.

Pierre Bertrand, "Far East Suite," YouTube playlist, full album.

Last edited:

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Shelby Lynne does "Mother" by John Lennon twice, about a decade apart. These were performed at the New York City John Lennon Tribute Concerts, first the 30th annual in 2010, followed by the 2001 show. The sound for the 2001 version isn't perfect, but turn it up as loud as you dare anyway. Both are really wonderful, powerful versions, and are made even more so if you research Shelby's backstory. Also, try her jazz album recommendation, posted here. She did a stripped-down, so to speak, album of her favorite gospel tunes in 2021, The Servant, and YouTube/Spotify links follow. Please enjoy the wonderful Shelby Lynne.:cool:

servant.jpg

Shelby Lynne, The Servant, full album: YouTube link. Spotify link.

Last edited:

JaMaSt

Forum Donor
The whole soundtrack is really good. All covers of timeless standards. I think the young man singing this was 16 years old a the time. I wasn't doing this kind of thing at 16.....

ebslo

Forum Donor
Rodrigo y Gabriela - Weird Fishes/ Arpeggi (Radiohead Cover)

OP
digicidal

digicidal

Major Contributor

OP
digicidal

digicidal

Major Contributor

D

Deleted member 48726

Nothing Else Matters - Miley Cyrus

Sound Of Silence - Disturbed