• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Delving back into the dim, grey mists of time -- but I love this rather elegiac Paul Simon (Simon & Garfunkel) song, and I've also always liked Yes' (yes, Yes') cover version of it.

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The haunting song "Hijo de la Luna" (translates to "Son of the Moon") composed by José María Cano of the pop group Mecano, has resonated with many people across the world. It was first made famous by Mecano fronted by singer Ana Torroja, on their 1986 album. Here they are in a live performance of it in August 1987:

Since then, the song has also been covered by many folks, and some notable covers include the following:
The aptly named singer Loona had a hit in the 1990s with the song, and here she is in a smiling-faced cheerful cover of the song

Speaking of unusual covers, here is a cover by a rock/metal group named Stravaganzza whose lead singer starts out in falsetto and moves to a growl before returning to falsetto in the finale.

Here is a version by Kriemhild Siegel, with the lyrics translated into German; the singer also has her version with Spanish lyrics available on YT.

Here is a cover with lyrics in Polish (seen in the video) translated by Agata and sung by Nadia.

Here is Mario Frangoulis.

Well-known soprano Sumi Jo.

Speaking again of unusual covers, the popular male vocal quartet Forestella singing a version with Korean lyrics.

Soprano Ieva Prudnikovaitė & pianist Artūras Anusauskas of the Bel Canto Choir Vilnius.

Here is a translation of the lyrics into English:
Sarah Brightman -- Hijo de la luna - translated by Jos van Geffen
The Wikipedia page on the song summarizes the story depicted by it.

Last edited:

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
(credits to @Soniclife , mentioning this soothing album in different thread)
big-black-songs-about-fucking.jpg

Big black - The Model (Kraftwerk cover)

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Gabriella Quevedo has done arrangements of many popular songs like

Stephanie Jones has a bit more classical touch to arrangements

rgpit

Forum Donor
Worst cover ever...

Top Bottom