• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not surprised that Johnny Cash decided to cover Rusty Cage. The lyrics certainly seem like something Cash might write.

I enjoy some of Cash's songs. But I still prefer Soundgarden's original version of Rusty Cage better

MuseIcal

This, to me, is an incredible project.

Playing For Change;

Playing For Change is a movement created to inspire and connect the world through music. The idea for this project came from a common belief that music has the power to break down boundaries and overcome distances between people.

Playing For Change Band. These musicians come from many different countries and cultures, but through music they speak the same language.Songs Around The World The PFC Band is now touring the world and spreading the message of love and hope to audiences everywhere.

The true measure of any movement is what it gives back to the people. We therefore created the Playing For Change Foundation,a separate 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to building music and art schools for children around the world, and creating hope and inspiration for the future of our planet.

https://playingforchange.com

Get Up Stand Up featuring Keb Mo, Keith Richards and artists from around the world.

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not everyones cup of tea, but I love me George Benson. And of all the covers he's done this one is a standout:

The whole album is a great collection of smooth jazz covers, though ironically the best track (IMO), El Mar, is an original Benson composition.

Oh - heres the original:

eddantes

Ok... so digging through my CTI library I'd like to highlight another cover... Nearly contemporaneous with the original released only a couple of years later is Esther Phillips cover of Black Eyed Blues... Man - that song and her bio - oof powerful stuff...

Here's the original

eddantes

While my Guitar gently weeps. A superstar group cover this. The standout performer in this group in this instance is Prince.

Definition of fucking guitar god. You know they say that guitar is just now passing past Jupiter on the way out of the solar system.

Reactions: PSO

eddantes

Ok. I can't help myself, so here's one more: Hot Chips cover of Dancing in the Dark... (P.S. The song doesn't start till about a minute into the video)

and the original

MuseIcal

Jonathon Melvoin of the Dickies also played with Prince and the Smashing Pumpkins.

Canuck57

Forum Donor
Jimi Hendrix covering Bob Dylan's All Along the Watchtower

Canuck57

Forum Donor
Beck covering Bob Dylan's Leopard Skin Pill Box Hat

Canuck57

Forum Donor
Rage Against the Machine covering Bob Dylan's Maggie's Farm