• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

OP
digicidal

digicidal

Major Contributor
I've quite enjoyed these Scandinavian hillbillies... very talented group (plus I'm a sucker for a pun-name)... Steve'n'Seagulls covering:
AC/DC's "Thunderstruck"

Metallica's "Seek and Destroy"

and my favorite (mostly due to source): Megadeth's "Symphony of Destruction" :)

They've got a ton of covers (they do a mean Dio as well).

Juhazi

Major Contributor
I've quite enjoyed these Scandinavian hillbillies... very talented group (plus I'm a sucker for a pun-name)... Steve'n'Seagulls covering:
---
They've got a ton of covers (they do a mean Dio as well).
Ha, the boys started here in my hometown Jyväskylä! Never heard them live (don't like metal), but they play around here regularly.
https://stevenseagulls.com/

This might be ultimate hillbilly (Ponsse is located close to Genelec by the way...)

Sibelius - Finlandia

Last edited:

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There

Markku Aro ( Puputti) 1950- has been one of the most popular Finnish singers since 1968 and still going strong! Now he's on 50/70 years jubilee tour! Many of his greatest hits are covers, but he has represented Finland also at Eurovision song contest.

Last edited:

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Peggy Lee - Johnny Guitar

Topi Sorsakoski (Pekka Tammilehto 1952-2011) was a guitarist and singer who loved old dance music that his father's band played. He collaborated with Agents and made several albums, mostly covers. Band leader Esa Pulliainen is master of Fender, listen to his solos!

I don't like the youtube live of Surujen kitara, too slow tempo and too much modulations.

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Finland is a small nation with own language suomi. Covers of foreign pop songs were extremely popular until 1980's, because most people couldn't understand lyrics. We have some remarkable singers, here the most beloved lady Laila Kinnunen (1939-2000) who made hunderds of recordings, tv shows and movie performances. She could sing with authentic intonation in several foreign languages, eg. english, russian, german, swedish, spanish, french, italian

The Platters - In Twilight Time

Last edited:

Juhazi

Major Contributor
The most popular male singer of all times in Finland is Olavi Virta (1915-1972) Like Laila Kinnunen he made hundreds of recordings, movie roles and tv show performances. And both suffered from alchoholism. Olavi didn't sing much in foreign languages. There are only some live clips of him in Youtube, but movie contains his originals.

Fred Buscaglione - Guarda Che Luna

Last edited:

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
https://soundcloud.com/rachelflowers-1%2Felegant-people-weather-report-cover
It's all performed, tracked and mixed by her in her bedroom studio. Remarkable because she's been blind almost since birth. As well as keyboards, she can play guitar, bass, banjo, flute and the Chapman Stick. She uses her Soundcloud account mainly to post the covers she does, there's something for most tastes. She also has a couple of albums out and there was a documentary movie about her.

Top Bottom