• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Country/IPs banned from ASR?

radio

Hi,
I'm just wondering why I can no longer access ASR forums with IPs from Vietnam. Do ASR blacklist our IPs or something was wrong? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

2022-05-08_01-40.png

Slayer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi,
I'm just wondering why I can no longer access ASR forums with IPs from Vietnam. Do ASR blacklist our IPs or something was wrong? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

View attachment 205241
I highly doubt ASR would ban an IP address because it came from a certain country or any country for that matter. Remember one of the goals here is to be in no way political. I would think and hope most members here understand, just because some countries leaders have opposing views, it does not translate down to how the average citizen feels.
I suspect it was just an error or something to do with your IP. Most likely it was just a glitch, also there is a lot of hacking going on at the present time, so anything is possible. But, don't take it personal, these things happen.
I'm sure a MOD will chime in and clarify.

OP
R

radio

You used two ip addresses to come here. One was from Vietnam and the other, Australia. You want to explain how you managed this?
@amirm how could I create this thread if my IP was banned? I'm using VPN at the moment, that is why you see the IP from Australia. This forums is valuable for me, I appreciate your contributions for the community, too. May be I contributed no thing but I didn't mean any harm here.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OK, I understand. We had a member from Australia which keeps registering under different aliases using VPN and hence my question.

I do have a few ASNs blocked from years ago when they were subject of repeated spam. Yours is one of them. I had forgotten about them until now. I removed them. If we get a flood of spam though, I may have to reinstate them. Please report back if you still see an issue.

AwesomeSauce2015

What is an ASN btw?
Is it your username? or some web terminology I don't know?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Probably there is an unavoidable cause for what is happening here, but want to comment anyway just in case can be useful.

When properly configured, VPNs only route through the remote network the traffic to non-public IP's, so if ASR is accessible from Vietnam it should be possible to access it from a Vietnamese IP while keeping the VPN with Australia working. Usually sys admins on the remote side can provide some help to do so, also because they are potentially the firsts to be interested in avoiding as much traffic as possible through their systems, and hence supporting only the private one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom