• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Could I get recommendation for a good Bluetooth or wifi streamer?

MarcinK

Currently I've been using Logitech Bluetooth adapter but I noticed that it is giving me some static,buzzing sound through tweeters so Im trying to get something of a higher quality.

Logitech adapter is connected to - Numark M6 USB - Driverack PA2 - Amps - Speakers
I could probably use rca to xlr cable and bypass Numark mixer and tap into driverack directly if signal strong enough.

I use it for spotify and youtube audio via android s22 ultra. I have wifi/ethernet port in the room.

I thought about WiiM Pro or audioengine b1 / bludento blt-hd or some mixers with build in bluetooth but would like to get some advice before I make a purchase.

Based on the reading I've done wifi streamer should give better sound quality over Bluetooth is that correct?

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wifi streaming is much higher bandwidth compared to BT and audio information can be transmited without any losses and potentially with a bit lower latency. BT audio also uses lossy codecs vs lossless transmission potential of WiFi streaming, however how much would that effect the perceived sound quality I am not sure.

Static and/or buzzing you hear from you speakers, are you certain it is the fault of the BT adapter? Can it be your amplifier?

OP
M

MarcinK

Wifi streaming is much higher bandwidth compared to BT and audio information can be transmited without any losses and potentially with a bit lower latency. BT audio also uses lossy codecs vs lossless transmission potential of WiFi streaming, however how much would that effect the perceived sound quality I am not sure.

Static and/or buzzing you hear from you speakers, are you certain it is the fault of the BT adapter? Can it be your amplifier?
100% positive its the BT adapter. Disconnecting adapter removes the sound. Ive decided to go with Bluetooth adapter over wifi as it will be quicker to share with friends. (parring phones via blutooth vs downloading apps and giving them wifi password)

BluDento B2 or blt-hd? B2 is newer comes with the screen, button to unpair and usb c port that I like, but has no ldac support. Since I'll be using spotify most of the time with 320kbs would I be missing anything from not having ldac?

Thank you in advance for your help!

jae

Major Contributor
Wiim Pro definitely, I wouldn't even consider anything else. Get it from Amazon. Return it if you don't like it.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
From what you describe, it sounds like BT has other quality of life advantages over WiFi for you, and you are concerned whether by sticking with BT, you are losing on sound quality. My answer to that question would be not to the extend that it matters for your needs. Streaming over WiFi is technically better and BT is lossly but as you pointed out if you are listening lossy compression streaming anyway, it does not matter. I do use BT devices all the time and sound quality is perfectly fine.

If you are going BT DAC route, I'd suggest to buy something that is measured in here. A device that looks good and has nice features might have a high noise floor that can get amplified and create the hiss you are trying to avoid for example.

zeropoint

Lavaudio DS200 Pro or xDuoo XQ-50 Pro, both, IIRC, based on an ES9018K2M, with the latter likely less expensive and more versatile having an informative display (that displays song info and sample and bit rate of the stream,) and USB audio DAC capability, etc.

OP
M

MarcinK

xDuoo XQ-50 Pro 2 seems to be perfect for my needs, thank you everyone!

Top Bottom