• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Corvette or 911

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
btw. if you're going to get that last of the combustion engine cars before we're all forced to go electric then you may as well go with a format that has always been best for most enthusiasts and that's a large naturally aspirated V8 with a 6 spd manual driving the rear wheels.

That's it.

So a C6/7 Corvette... or a 911 GT3 or even a Carrera 2... i can forgive the twin turbo flat six or the RR engine location... because...,

I'm not interested in the auto experience.
I will never own a turbo car again. The throttle response off corners sucks, and the complication and extra heat does too.

BR52

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I will never own a turbo car again. The throttle response off corners sucks, and the complication and extra heat does too.
We are coming off-topic, hopefully the marine will not come immediately :). You are right, the turbo hole is not really a pleasure. In the last years with newer tech is getting better. But a well-designed natural aspirated V8 is not to top.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
We are coming off-topic, hopefully the marine will not come immediately :). You are right, the turbo hole is not really a pleasure. In the last years with newer tech is getting better. But a well-designed natural aspirated V8 is not to top.
I put a regular supercharger on my Elise. No throttle lag!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That works as well specally with the low weight:cool:
The 2ZZ puts out about 330hp, too. It certainly accelerates now.

BR52

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The 2ZZ puts out about 330hp, too. It certainly accelerates now.
Here with all the regulations it's hard to modify. With turbocars, you can easily rise the pressure via SW and its harder to find out.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Here with all the regulations it's hard to modify. With turbocars, you can easily rise the pressure via SW and its harder to find out.
Yes, it's tricky here, too.

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
Upgraded Speakers is where you will reap the largest improvements in sound in the Audio Chain.
Thank you for saying this, it cannot be overstated. When young people ask my thoughts on this hobby, I tell them 'Buy the least expensive GOOD amp that meets your needs and buy the most expensive GOOD speakers that you can afford.' (Of course, what's 'good' makes this hobby so interesting).

Top Bottom