• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Corrective headphones for your ears (like corrective lenses for the eyes)?

Wayne

Forum Donor
https://www.audioholics.com/editorials/even-earprint-headphones-customize-sound

Others apparently have similar products:

Although none of the major players in the personal audio industry has taken this approach to individualizing headphone sound, Even does face some competition from another new brand. At CES 2018, an Australian company called Nura introduced a headphone called the Nuraphone, which also tests the user’s hearing and adapts the sound accordingly. The Nuraphone has a unique design that makes it simultaneously an in-ear and over-ear headphone, and received a CES “Best Of Innovation” award in the headphone category for most impressive technology.

To try a demo of Even’s EarPrint technology using your own headphones, visit www.weareeven.com. To check out the fascinating Nuraphone, go to www.nuraphone.com. How does this hearing-based customization sound to you? Share your thoughts in the related forum thread below.

Although these may not do what they advertise, it is an interesting concept... I was not aware of the technology.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Tried the online demo of Even Earprint. Interesting idea. I did find the demo of on vs off had the on obviously much louder. Like they only pushed EQ of sounds up. So naturally it will be louder. Without knowing more, I would say this will fail to be accurate for the same reason some head-fiers fail when they play bands of frequencies and self EQ. You have no reference for flat response and your ear isn't flat in its response vs frequency. So I wonder how Even is handling this problem.

I seem to recall Nuraphone is a different approach. I thought it shot impulses down your ear canal and listened to the result to get the FR of your ear/ear canal. This would have some validity. This is how hearing tests of newborns are done. The reflected impulse does give the FR shape of your hearing systems impulse response.

Last edited:
Top Bottom