• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Coronavirus Is Indiscriminate

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor
With 6 degrees of separation when it comes to those you are related to or just familiar with, how can you think you, or they, are not at risk of infection? o_O

Last edited:
OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor
USA. Rampant yet?

:(

Music1969

Major Contributor
How useful is ICU/hospital treatment?

Useful enough that it kept me alive after flu > severe pneumonia...

Severe pneumonia requiring ICU intubation and ventilator is the same worst case scenario with coronavirus (well one step short of worst case, death).

Dumdum

Anyone notice our PM has been tested positive, nd another politician, the physician that’s been kicking about with them is self isolating as he’s shown symptoms, just goes to show it gets anyone and everyone!

OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor
OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor
OECD estimates of potential economic impact:

file-20200330-146678-14i10ll.jpg

https://theconversation.com/new-oecd-estimates-suggest-a-22-hit-to-australias-economy-135026

Totoro

If you are at a higher level of vulnerability to post-infection consequences then it is your responsibility to minimise your risk of infection to yourself and others, if you are able to.

If you are of lower risk of infection you are responsible for not carelessly infecting yourself and others.

There is enough easily accessible guidance published to render the 'not me' attitude personally and socially irresponsible, if not selfish.

"Attention, attention, now hear this" as in wartime. Carelessness costs lives even if not yours.
I wish I could like that multiple times.

Totoro

There are political outliers who seem to be comfortable sacrificing the older citizens for the sake of reduced economic risk.

It is ironic that these oldies form a significant proportion of their voter base. More die, fewer votes. o_O
Frighteningly, in the US they don’t appear to really be outliers, :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom