• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Coolermaster MH-751 (MH751) headphones

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Highly subjective review. Solderdude can chime in with objective measurements.
So in today work from home environment, I desperately need a headset with good microphone. I have BoomPro mic, which was attached to Monorprice 8232 headphones. It can also work with V-Moda, Philips and other headphones with 3.5mm jack. Incidentally, it works with Coolermaster MH-751 as well :)
Anyway, Monorprice plastic headband broke again on me, 2nd time, so I'm not buying them again, that's a major issue. I went for highly praised MH751, which are Takstar 82 with increased soundstage and very good microphone. The headphones came in a ridiculously giant box, with head-shaped foam and it was protecting the content very well. The headphones themselves are bigger than what I expected, seen from online pictures.
The mic is indeed good, and has some level of noise cancellation. I tested it on voice recorder with loud fan blowing next to me. Only slight whining noise was recorded and my voice was full bodied, no thinness or tinniness.
Now to the sound. These are "fun", or "V-shaped" headphones, at least some noticeable boost in highs (can't say base was elevated or boomy). Soundstage is indeed wide enough. Highs are elevated, but not fatiguing or ear piercing. Now to minus - voices during telconferencing sounded really broken - harsh, unnatural. Compared to say AKG K-371, which is really smooth in voice department. I tested with some online speeches too, like press-conferences and such -same, bad. Music/Songs sounded fun and natural on MH-751. So, I got the good mic, but broken voice. Not sure what to say. I tried different cables, but with the same results. I tested with my Samsung Galaxy A70 smartphone with default sound settings, no equalizer etc. Maybe with separate good amplifier you will get better results. But this is my use case.

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The MH-751 lacks the bass port function of the Pro 82 and the cups seem slightly larger.
Bass response is somewhat different (as is the treble) compared to Pro-82 acc. to A. Rowe.
The 'more bass settings' are way over the top anyway in the Pro82. The lowest bass setting is already a bit too much.
Mids are fine on the Pro82

OP
B

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Human ear/brain adaptation already tells me that voices are fine now. :) Subjective as I said. :D

LearningToSmile

I have a pair, I'm not a huge fan - nothing sounds particularly engaging with it, and it's not really particularly neutral either. That said it's very comfortable and doesn't offend in any particular way so I've been just using it as my teleconferencing headset since I started working from home. Can't say I have any problems with how the voices sound, but that might be because none of my coworkers have particularly great mics either.

Top Bottom