• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

connectors for ICEpower 50asx2

invaderzim

Does anyone know a part number for the connectors that will plug into the power input and output spots marked in the picture? I also need a 2 pin connector that is similar to the 3-pin power out but I figure knowing the 3-pin part should make that easier to find.

I know parts-express sells wiring for these but they don't have the 2-pin (not shown in the picture) that I need.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 645

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know a part number for the connectors that will plug into the power input and output spots marked in the picture? I also need a 2 pin connector that is similar to the 3-pin power out but I figure knowing the 3-pin part should make that easier to find.

I don’t know the names of the individual parts but ICEpower sells a whole connector/cable package. Depending where you are you should be able to find one through their website/dealers page.

I’m sure you can find your own much cheaper though. I’ve taken similar boards down to my local electronics store and found what I was looking for among the bits and bobs.

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:
OP
invaderzim

invaderzim

Thanks, ironically, the cable kit from Ghent doesn't include the two connector plug that is needed to connect to their power switch. I bought their case and since my amp had wires already I thought I was set but I needed a couple more power connectors and that tiny 2 connector plug that goes on two of the wires from the auxiliary power output to run the on/off switch light.

I found the parts list of the connectors and was able to, hopefully, deduce that the mystery 2-pin power switch connector should be a PHR-2.

Then the fun was finding one place that had all the parts in stock and wasn't going to cost a fortune in shipping or take another month to get. I spent more than I planned, as usual, on this and broke my 'no online purchases this month' pledge but eventually it will all be together.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 372

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Send him an e-mail, his cable set should include all cables, if one is missing let him know and he should send you and add to the set.

OP
invaderzim

invaderzim

The set that is an option to get with the case is different than the set that is available separately. I emailed him about that set and it is $25 plus shipping. Not terrible but I've already spent too much on this amp and when I only needed a total of 4 connectors the price per connector was a bit high.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

The two pin mains power one is common in CE gear. You should be able to find a computer PSU or junked AVR with some of those plugs/wire at a recycler for nothing or close to it.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
invaderzim

invaderzim

It is the 4th wire down that only has a connector on one end in all the other kits. The 3 pin connector is on the module so it is common in the kits but the 2 pin connector on the other side is for ghent's power switch that only comes with their case.

s-l1600.jpg

I have connectors on order so if I don't bodge it too much it should work. I had to put the amp away to resist the urge to solder wires to the connectors.

That is the wire that connects the auxiliary power to the power switch
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I was surprised that the connector part number was not specified. These are standard Molex connectors so they are readily available if we know the part. Otherwise, digging through the entire Molex catalog is madenning as far as trying to match the pin size, pin pitch, etc.

Top Bottom