• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Connecting Zen Dac to an Audio interface?

James.Linkden

Hello long story short I currently own a set of HD560S and Shure SM7B microphone and also own both then iFi Zen Dac v2 and Motu M2 interface, is it possible to connect the two in a way that I can hear my microphone with no delay through my iFi Zen Dac as it has a better sound than the M2 headphone output or do I need a separate headphone amp?

Being able to monitor my mic is crucial to me as I play a lot competitive games and have gotten used to hearing my voice through my headphones, Many thanks.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't think you can do that. The iFi only has a digital input right? So the M2 doesn't have a digital output.

Now you might send the M2 back thru the USB to the computer and then out over USB to the iFi, but there will be some delay. It may be small enough you won't be able to tell it.

Are you using a Windows or Mac computer?

Top Bottom