• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Connecting Whafdale Denton speakers

JanC0

Hi all, I've got my hands on the vintage Wharfdale Denton speakers from the 1970s. However, I'm completely new to this and can't figure out what connection is in the terminals. I would like to avoid just bare wire connection and regular banana plugs are too wide for this. Picture below.
Thanks a lot for your advice!

XpanD

Forum Donor
Welcome! Your picture does not appear to be working, may be good to double-check that.

(I don't know these speakers personally)

OP
J

JanC0

Thanks! Here is the picture.
IMG_20210115_105401_7 (1).jpg

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Those terminals originally had screws in them, and were intended for bare wires or spade terminals.

Given their age, I expect the screw threads possibly to be 2BA, (maybe 4BA) around 4mm in size, but with a different thread pitch.

British Association screw threads - Wikipedia

(I used to have a pair of those inherited from an elderly relative)

S.

tuga

Major Contributor
It's probably just missing some screws:

mD1sNPf.png

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Try some treaded screws and washer's until something fits + is red - is black on modern speakers .
If your up for some DIY you could replace the whole "cup" with the binding posts.

Top Bottom