• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Connecting speakers through speaker connexions of a Stax Energizer: any effect on sound quality ?

vert

Forum Donor
Hello,

I was hoping to be able to connect my Stax Energizer (SRD-7 model) to the unused satellite speaker outputs of my new AV receiver, but disabling the main speakers to hear just the satellite channels is not possible so that won't work.

I have a perhaps unfounded reluctance to use the Stax Energizer the way it was meant to be, i.e. on the main speakers connexion of the amp, and connecting the loudspeakers behind the energizer, fearing the sound might deteriorate, due in part to the four energizer-to-amp cables being so thin, compared to normal speaker cables. Any of you have experience with this?

cjfrbw

I wouldn't worry about it for such a short run of wire. I suppose you could just listen to see if you have any perceivable difference, or try to measure if there is significant impedance difference in the switched state. If you can't help but worry about it, you will anyway, and your mental hygiene may not allow you to do it that way no matter.

Top Bottom