• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Connecting JBL 104 to Topping e30 Dac

• Thread starter Deleted member 18608
  • Start date

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
I don't see much of a point going balanced in this case. Maximum input level for the unbalanced input is given at +6 dBV (2 Vrms), that's almost a perfect match with the measured 2.145 Vrms out of the E30... you might have to back up output level by 1 dB max but that's about it.

You neither need the +20 dBu level handling of the balanced input nor would an off-the-shelf adapter cable make use of the balanced input as such.

My 2 cents on the 104s: They're OK for office speakers, but not what I would call dead neutral or revealing (or completely noise-free, despite what seems to be a noise gate) - not quite the homerun I'd hoped they would be.

OP
D

Deleted member 18608

Thanks for that! Ill stick with RCA connection. Yeah theyre only being used for office speakers while working from home... chances are that ill be wfh for another year so i may as well enjoy it. Slowly upgrading my desktop set up :cool:

Cheers!

Top Bottom