• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Connecting 11promax to Schiit stack or hel

BandwidthBandit

Still waiting on my headphones to come in, but ran into an issue. I didn’t realize there may be issues running a Dac and amp through the iPhone, which is essentially my only source of music.

Schiit offers this solution. My question is should I be using the Analog or digital option for the best sound and comptablility?

Connecting to an iPhone or iPad

Analog: Some iPhones and iPads can be can connected to a preamp or headphone amp via the headphone jack. You can do this with the following cable:

1/8" to Dual RCA Cable

Digital: If you have an iPhone running iOS7 or above or iPad running iOS6 or above with the Lightning connector, you can use the Lightning to USB 3 Adapter from Apple, or the Lightning to USB Adapter from Apple, together with a powered hub to avoid the "this device draws too much power" error. You'll also need a USB cable. Links for these are below:

Apple Lightning to USB 3 Adapter (allows for charging of the iOS device)

Apple Lightning to USB Adapter (needs an external hub)

USB A-B Cable

Fancy USB A-B Cable

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What is the make and model of the headphones?
Why not just the headphones directly into the iPhone?

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If connecting digitally, the Apple Lightning to USB 3 Adapter + USB A-B Cable works perfectly recognizing my Schiit Bifrost 2 Unison module without any issue using the iPod Touch

Untitled2.jpg

OP
B

BandwidthBandit

Thanks for that image and info!

The headphones are hd560s, which from what I hear need an amp

Top Bottom