• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Connect passive Subwoofer to Behringer a800 via XLR?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
So I cant connect a passive sub and passive speakers to the amp at the same time, right?

I think you can when the passive speakers and passive sub are all 8 Ohm. When they are 4 Ohm you can't use this trick.
Most likely the speak-on and binding posts are parallel.

Connect the passive sub to the binding posts and the passive speakers to the Speak-on outputs (by using speak-on connectors)
You cannot adjust levels between speakers and passive sub.

OP
H

Hegel-Pegel

I think you can when the passive speakers and passive sub are all 8 Ohm. When they are 4 Ohm you can't use this trick.
Most likely the speak-on and binding posts are parallel.

Connect the passive sub to the binding posts and the passive speakers to the Speak-on outputs (by using speak-on connectors)
You cannot adjust levels between speakers and passive sub.

Sub is 6 Ohm, Speakers are 4.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
As Doodski mentioned ... not a good idea in this case.

OP
H

Hegel-Pegel

update: I could get my mobo to recognize the blue jack as a subwoofer output in a 5.1 - 3 setup. It delivers only lowest freq to the woofer and probably cuts out some of them for the speakers. I guess that's the best solution. nice.

Top Bottom