• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

connect echo 3.5 to Toslink of DAC unit =24 bit ?

ghunty

Hi guys Just joined the audiophile folks after 66 years and so glad I found this site .
I want to simplify getting HI Res music . I only use Amazon HD /UHD for my music listening . Here is my questions .
I do not use earphones .I have 2 1000 RMS powered Mackie Speakers and a SMSL DO100 Dac unit. Can I just use my Echo to stream a 24 bit signal if I use the Echo Dot 3.5 out converted to toslink adapter cnnected to my SMSL DO100 DAC unit so I can use the voice features on Echo to control AMHD ? OR can I get a better signal from my computer usb a to usbc in SMSL Do100 .I really would rather my computer ,however not sure how to use computer and also my voice command from my Echo . The only other solution that I see is use WIIM toslink ...why cant I just use Eho as my only streamer and get 24 bit .
Thank so much for your responses
Gary

OP
G

ghunty

I just got a Wiim Mini.That should work ?
Thanx

Top Bottom