• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Connect av Onkyo to Sansui amplifier

Panchoz

Qué tal chicos, les digo que en la aventura de la búsqueda interminable del sonido "correcto" para mí, estaba revisando las opciones de Dac DSD, luego entre consultas y detalles de mi manual AV (lo había leído a mitad de camino) descubrí que decodifica DSD. La cosa es que tengo un amplificador estéreo incorporado Sansui antiguo que mueve las torres como un campeón. Entonces mi av Onkyo TX-NR828 indica que se puede usar como preamplificador y también tiene zona 2/3. Para conectar el av a Sansui, ¿debe ser por preamplificador o por zona?
Screenshot_20210111-212837.jpgScreenshot_20210111-213031.jpg

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Translation:
Hello guys, I tell you that in the adventure of endless search for the "right" sound for me, I was going through the Dac DSD options, then between inquiries and details of my AV manual (I had read it half way) I discovered that decodes DSD. Thing is, I have a vintage Sansui built-in stereo amplifier that moves the towers like a champ. So my av Onkyo TX-NR828 indicates that it can be used as a preamp and it also has zone 2/3. To connect the av to Sansui, should it be by preamplifier or by zone?

Generally using the main zone pre-outs would be the way to go for ease of use. The zone 2/3 outputs are marked line out so that indicates fixed output without volume control but I didn't check the manual for further possibilities.

Top Bottom