• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Confused with the VTV vs Buckeye 1ET7040 Amplifiers

OP
simplywyn

simplywyn

For me it was ordering a UMIK microphone, downloading REW and borrow a mic-stand. And some reading how to use REW. The measurements were revealing!
That requires me to do a billion things.

Right now I’ve just moved some foams around and it’s much better lol.

Tom C

Major Contributor
Peak vs continuous power output is also a factor in published ratings.
Purifi is as good as it gets. If you want more bass, a sub, two if you can swing it, is the ticket.

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
So basically Buckeye's the only one telling customers what they're really getting
I'm not going to make a blanket statement for all other brands and what they quote, but as far as the 7040SA...if an SMPS1200A400 is the power supply being used, it cannot reach the maximum wattage quoted by Purifi.

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
They use the SMPS1200A400, according to their own specifications list on the product page
I read this on the web site linked above:

"This is how the mono blocks can be described in one sentence and we have accomplished that with using a linear power supply to power the highly acclaimed Weiss OP2-BP Op Amp that is incorporated on our custom input buffer board."

I stopped reading at "linear power supply"....I should have kept reading! You are of course correct.

Top Bottom