• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Computer Audiophiles Are Anti-Computer

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think a lot of the arguments about computer audio go back to the same issue that has affected audiophiles since the mid 80's, an inability to accept that digital music is fundamentally not like LPs in not needing all the fiddling, tweaking and such like. Companies (aided by many reviewers) have always tried to make digital music seem more complex than it needs to be and invent all sorts of answers looking for questions and/or out and out snake oil tat. I really don't see why any functioning computer (including tablets and smart phones) can't be a perfectly fine audio source.

Hypnotoad

I think a lot of the arguments about computer audio go back to the same issue that has affected audiophiles since the mid 80's, an inability to accept that digital music is fundamentally not like LPs in not needing all the fiddling, tweaking and such like.

Also we audiophiles tend to be a gullible lot when it comes to upgrades/changes, always looking for the simple but magical (and nearly always expensive) add on that will lead us to the audio promised land.

Top Bottom