• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Complete newbie - looking for an amp / dac for DT880

RashGambit

Hello,

I recently decided to upgrade from standard gaming headsets to something a bit better. I ordered some Fidelio X2/HR and DT880s 250 ohm. After a few days with each and initially being really impressed by the bass, I’ve decided the Fidelio are not for me. I much prefer the sound from the DT880.

I bought a cheap Fosi Q4 not knowing what I was doing and although the sound is very nice I don’t think it was designed for 250 ohm headphones. The volume dial has to be cranked nearly to max depending what music I’m listening to.

I’ve been trawling forums for days but I feel like I’m no closer to a solution. I want an amp/dac or a stack that drives the headphones properly leaving me some wiggle room in volume. One thing that has stopped me from pulling the trigger on things like the Atom amp, is that it doesn’t seem like you have any way of adjusting the bass or treble on the unit.

The Fosi has dials for bass and treble and depending on what I’m listening to I like to make small adjustments to get the sound how I like it to my ears.

I’d also, if possible, like to use it with my PS5 as well as my PC. It seems like the PS5 doesn’t support UAC2 so maybe something UAC1 or with a line in.

Could someone please help me before I lose my mind!

Edit: I’m in the UK and my budget would be around £150-200 ideally.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If I was looking for something that works with both a PC and PlayStation, I would be looking into the Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G6.

OP
R

RashGambit

If I was looking for something that works with both a PC and PlayStation, I would be looking into the Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G6.

I was considering it, but the reviews seem to be hot and miss, saying it’s pretty good for what it is but lots of people with popping, driver issues etc. It seems like an atom would leave me more scope for upgrading?

Top Bottom