• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Complete D&D8C system installed,

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Note the hi-fi ‘shrine’’ ( there isn’t one)
A complete Dutch&Dutch8C system installed just this afternoon,

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Forget to add the rest of the system,

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
A complete D&D8C system comprises of :- not unsurprisingly two D&D8C loudspeakers and a computer, I use a little Intel NUC ( pictured) and either Spotify connect or Roon,
You also need a phone/ipad to act as remote but most have those already.
No Hi-Fi shrine just a pair of superb loudspeakers.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Ethernet cable but yes, the new owner is already on to that!
Stands are ‘reference X’ by Liedtkemetal works in Germany.

Dirk is super helpful.
Keith

Damned

A complete D&D8C system comprises of :- not unsurprisingly two D&D8C loudspeakers and a computer, I use a little Intel NUC ( pictured) and either Spotify connect or Roon,
You also need a phone/ipad to act as remote but most have those already.
No Hi-Fi shrine just a pair of superb loudspeakers.
Keith
Very nice !!! A few question.
In your opinion it's not a crime to have only Spotify feeding those great speakers ? And you don't even need the computer anymore

And have he/you implemented a rew analysis for correction ? I'm still very impressed by this direct rew integration ability. Could you tell us a bit more about it. ,Is it s a simple straightforward process, a must have or not so ? Love to hear your thoughts about that.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Dutch&Dutch 8Cs are ‘Roon ready’ that means you need a computer to run the Roon software, and an ipad or phone to act as remote.
You connect both 8cs to your local network, the same network as the computer running Roon , select the 8Cs as out put device in Roon and press ‘play’.
Now they also work directly with Spotify connect in exactly the same way.
If you only have a digital source it is an elegant system
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The 8Cs are also now integrated with REW ( roon eq wizard) make the measurement, REW creates the filters, they are sent directly to the 8Cs and. the speakers implement the filters, full range bass without any boom.
Keith

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The 8Cs are also now integrated with REW ( roon eq wizard) make the measurement, REW creates the filters, they are sent directly to the 8Cs and. the speakers implement the filters, full range bass without any boom.
Keith

They really need to integrate the streaming into the box itself in a future version. Already halfway there to the perfect domestic audio system.

Damned

@Purité Audio thanks but you didn't answer my questions, maybe I wasn't clear enough

- In this installation, and every time you sell and set up those speakers do you systematically equalize the low frequency response using this rew integration or not ?
- If you do, is it a quick and straightforward process or do you take some time to adjust the target curve ?
- Isn't it quiet annoying you can't use the last firmware in order to do it ?
- And because you mentioned this customer used Spotify, in your opinion is Spotify quality good enough for those very good speakers ?

Thanks

Here is this Rew processed explained

https://support.dutchdutch.com/rew/

image-8.png

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes I measure the room every time with REW discuss the results with the customer implement the filters REW very straightforward with the 8Cs REW integration,listen again and adjust until the customer is happy.
Re Spotify I prefer Roon/Quboz myself.
Keith

Top Bottom