• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Compassion to more expensive converters

dennnic

I've been reading a lot of very detailed and comprehensive dac reviews over here. I must say that some of newer Topping's offerings are a really good bang for the buck. What bothers me is that there is absolute no information about more expensive stuff (not just here, but in general).

I own a small naim combo (dac V1 and nap100). Recently I made a pair of open baffle speakers with a digital crossover that uses just a toslink connection. Since it's a two way design, I need another set of dac&amp combo.
I'm looking for an answer how good a perfermer is Dac V1 (or some of naim DACs, they all sound relatively similar to my ears) compared to something like a Topping d30 pro. I really don't know what I am really paying over here.

Anyone has any info or has seen some measurements?

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm looking for an answer how good a perfermer is Dac V1 (or some of naim DACs, they all sound relatively similar to my ears) compared to something like a Topping d30 pro. I really don't know what I am really paying over here.
NAIM specifications essentially claim that its audio output SNR is better than 94dB
Whether they perform up to spec or not, how it behaves with different loads is indeed hard to say without measurements.
You might be paying more for less performance but more features. Performance difference is likely to be inaubible anyway.

sq225917

Major Contributor
Naim are broadly "enough" in their specs, most of their gear exceeds the specs as a matter of course.

Top Bottom